Great American Smokeout Day! (GASO)
The TRUTH about Smoking and Your Health
Welcome news out of Canada! The Quebec Supreme Court is holding Big Tobacco’s feet to the fire and refusing to allow them to wiggle out of compensation for victims, in a successful class action law suit brought against Imperial Tobacco, Rothmans and Benson and Hedges.
Brilliant videos that capture what smokers really think and need from the healthcare professionals in their lives. New Zealand leads the way in tobacco cessation assistance and focus.
The grim news is that cigarette smoking is attributed to about 443,000 deaths each year in the United States. The good news is that the younger you are when you quit, the greater the health benefits. But quitting at any age can add years to your life. And some of the benefits are almost immediate.
- Let’s not forget that the American/British tobacco industry was built on the backs of slaves. Does it surprise anyone that slave-like conditions persist to this day on North Carolina tobacco farms?
- The good news is that damage to the Y chromosome in males from smoking, making them more susceptible to cancers, may be reversible once they quit tobacco.
- The unregulated status of e-cigartettes means that consumers are using them without the benefit of any warnings of potential harm. Not only are children and pets getting poisoned by liquid nicotine cartridges left within their reach, but smokers are pairing the cartridges with cheap, incompatible chargers that can explode. Homes, cars and lives can and have been lost as a result.
- Have you heard the latest news about e-cigarettes? They’re just as bad if not WORSE for you!
- Science Daily Reports
- Press Releases from Lung.org
- Tobacco Use Among Middle and High School Students — United States, 2013 from CDC
- Smoking in utero? Read this!
- NHS Smoke Free Video
- Stats on Women and Smoking
- The new tobacco war: They may be safer, but could e-cigs renormalize smoking?
- Smart people coming up with smart solutions to a far deadlier threat to Americans than Ebola…tobacco use, which kills 1,000 people in the U.S. every day.
- Leonard Nimoy speaks out about his COPD and devoted fans listen. Never quit on a quitter until the quitting is done… for life.
- The socioeconomic divide is very vivid when it comes to tobacco use. What used to be a sign of wealth and status is now a sign of poor education and finances.
- Here we go again, creating a new generation of nicotine dependents.
- A victory for tobacco control in Australia. Philip Morris is taking its ball and throwing it at South Korea instead.
- Tips from Former Smokers, courtesy of the CDC
- Very good opinion piece from the NYT.
- Thought e-cigarettes kept you safe from cancer? Think again!
- e-cigarettes and your health insurance rates.
- Green Tobacco sickness is just one of the horrors attached to child slave labor in the world’s tobacco fields and curing huts.
- The NYT editorial response to children working in US tobacco fields.
- Yours Truly speaks out about Bend’s new Vape shop.
- Fire: one of the many destructive consequences of smoking.
- The CDC’s latest round of graphic quit smoking messages.
- Make no mistake- e-cigs are being marketed to your kids and as usual, celebrities are cashing in to be spokespeople for the latest nicotine delivery system.
- Hookahs are all about marketing to youth and may be even more damaging than smoking cigarettes.
Disclaimer: All information and materials contained in this website are for informational purposes only and shall not be construed as medical advice. Customize Your Quit (CYQ) makes no representations or warranties that the information and materials contained in this website are correct, accurate, complete or up-to-date. Any form of transmission or receipt of information from this website does not create a medical relationship between CYQ and any recipient. People receiving information from this website are hereby advised not to act or otherwise rely upon the contents of this website without consulting with a doctor. Any links to other websites appearing in this website are for the convenience of access to those websites only and should not be construed as endorsement, referral, affiliation or otherwise approval of those websites by CYQ.