The Health Benefits of Smoking Cessation
Some great information on “The Health Benefits of Smoking Cessation” can be found on the Dental One Associates of College Park website. (Special thanks to Samantha for providing this link.)
Tobacco Cessation Information and Links
CYQ weighs in on the shifting tobacco strategies of the Chinese Government. Be sure to check out the comments section!
- Use the online guide for the first days and the first year
- Get expert help
- Talk to a counselor who can help, by phone or instant message
- Access print resources
- Materials that have helped other smokers quit
- Find studies
- Research studies looking for smokers who are trying to quit
Great American Smokeout Links!
- Stay Away from Tobacco – GASO
- Stay Away from Tobacco – Guide to Quitting Smoking
- CDC Tobacco Free – FB
- CDC Tobacco Free – Twitter
- CDC Video Playlist
- Link to US Public Health Service guideline
- American Lung Association online smoking cessation program for patients
- ACP COPD Portal
Please check out the following links, all of which we follow on Twitter or Facebook, and some of whom follow us back!
Quit Smoking Assistance lines
Oregon Tobacco Quit Line
800-784-8669 (800-QUIT NOW) (English)
- Gum: available without prescription (OTC). Can be helpful to use for a month or two to help quitters get over the initial nicotine addiction.
- Patches: available without prescription (OTC). Another way to help tobacco users get over the initial tough times of nicotine withdrawal.
- Lung Inhaler and Nasal Sprayer: prescription required.
- Zyban/Wellbutin/Bupropion: standard and approved antidepressant for tobacco cessation; should not be taken by people with seizures – epilepsy. To maximize effectiveness, start 2-4 weeks before quit date and continue for 3-6 months after quitting. Prescription required.
- Chantix: standard and approved, non-antidepressant nicotine blocker. To maximize effectiveness, start 7 days before quit date and continue for 3 months. Prescription required.
Disclaimer: All information and materials contained in this website are for informational purposes only and shall not be construed as medical advice. Customize Your Quit (CYQ) makes no representations or warranties that the information and materials contained in this website are correct, accurate, complete or up-to-date. Any form of transmission or receipt of information from this website does not create a medical relationship between CYQ and any recipient. People receiving information from this website are hereby advised not to act or otherwise rely upon the contents of this website without consulting with a doctor. Any links to other websites appearing in this website are for the convenience of access to those websites only and should not be construed as endorsement, referral, affiliation or otherwise approval of those websites by CYQ.